Friday, March 20, 2020

Lots of Homemade Dressings

Ranch Dressing

2 Tablespoons dried Parsley
2 Tablespoons dried Chives
2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon dried Dill Weed
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper (I don't use cause I don't like)

I use Organic spices. Mix all of these together and the next time you want the best dip ever just add a Tablespoon or so to sour cream. Mix it to your liking. 

To make it a dressing combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo or milk and 1 Tablespoon the Ranch spices. Chill for an hour. Just make sure it isn't to thick.

Dry Onion Soup Mix

2/3 cup dried, minced onion
3 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 teaspoons onion powder#
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon sea salt (I always use Himalayan salt)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper (I don't normally use pepper)

Shake well. Use 4 Tablespoons a recipe in place of 1 packet of onion soup mix. 


Thousand Island Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup sweet pickle relish
pinch of salt and pepper if you want. I also don't add that much relish.

Put 1000 island on your burger and its better then a big mac.

Coleslaw Dressing

1 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon celery seed 
5 cups cabbage

Shred cabbage. Mix all ingredients and pour over cabbage.

Honey French Dressing:       
                                                            
1/2 cup Organic Ketchup
1 cup Organic Olive Oil  (I use grape seed oil)
1/4 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar                 
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Organic Onion (coarsely chopped) (I use powder)
1 tsp Sea Salt (I use Himalaya salt)
1/4 tsp Organic Ground Black Pepper (Don't use)
1 small clove of Garlic (I  use powdered)
Combine everything in your blender and blend until smooth! Will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge, enjoy!

Western dressing from Dixie - Very good

1 cup ketchup 
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar 
3 teaspoons honey
Cayenne pepper

Sweet and Sour Coleslaw Dressing

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup cold water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed (I use ground if that's all I have)
1/2 celery seed

Poppy Seed Dressing 

3/4 cup just mayo
1/3 cup sugar (a bit less)
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons poppy seed

Potato Salad Dressing

1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup just mayo
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 teas salt
1/4 teas pepper (Don't use pepper)

Add some ranch dressing to spice it up. Very good.

Quick & Easy Barbecue Sauce

Makes: 1 cup

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons molasses
2 Tablespoons spicy mustard (I use Guldens' Spicy Brown Mustard)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder (NOT powdered chili pepper)

Instructions:
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion & garlic for 2 minutes until golden brown.
2. Add everything else and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about
25 minutes. Sauce with thicken as it cools.

Deans Dressing

1\4 cup oil - 1/3 cup vinegar - 1/2 cup sugar or less - 1 teas celergy seed - garlice pd & salt
Boil and stir till clear. Let cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Salads

  Taco Salad We like taco salad but for two of us its to much at one time. The chips get soggy the next day and even though its good its not...